Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Random Dremel Engraving and Nostalgia

So... many many weeks ago I felt the need to buy this shiny, green beetle encased in resin.

Tonight, I had a random urge to engrave all over it. In my mind it was going to turn out more victoria/goth lace-like design. Instead I came up with something that vaguely reminds me of one of my favourite movies from my childhood... Explorers.

Bug

If you've never seen this movie before, I highly recommend you watch it. It is fantasy but very wonderful.


This part is pretty far along in the movie but that crystal in young Ethan Hawk's hand is what I was reminded of when I finished my bug carving.

It's funny how memory isn't perfect - I thought the crystal was green with white carvings but actually it looks more clear with green carvings.

No comments:

Post a Comment