Thursday, May 24, 2012

Knot Jewellery

The recent warm weather here forced me to wear shorts for the first time in years. Actually the shortest shorts I've ever owned which isn't very short but still slightly worrying to me.
For some reason this reminded me that I used to make and wear anklets made from embroidery floss. So on my way into London Hackspace for an evening I decided to grab a few skeins of embroidery floss and get to work.

I really didn't expect it to go so fast. I've not made these in probably 13+ years but I just remembered how to make all the right loops rapidly. I nearly finished the whole anklet just on my half an hour journey.

I've now started a full necklace too. Wondering if I should put the copper squid pendant on it since I made it a little too thick for a normal jumper ring. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment